Tuesday, November 13, 2018

11/20 Articulation Cohort Information

This post is your one-stop-shop for a successful morning next Tuesday!


What:  Vertical Articulation meetings
When:  11/20 from 8am-11am (please note the time change
Where:  Kaneland Meredith Middle School (for most-might be different for self-selected groups)
Why:  To have dedicated time to discuss our curriculum with each other!

As we did last year, we are providing time, space, some suggested groupings, and some guiding structure for groups looking to work together to do some vertical articulation.

  • Please see the list below for those pre-determined groupings and who we are hoping will attend.  
  • We leave the choice of selecting attendees up to you and how you will best be able to use your time.  
  • For those not attending one of these suggested groupings, you may create your own groups using the criteria below.  
  • Finally, you will see a guiding progression of I Can statements that groups can use to guide their work if they don't know where to start.

Please note, all attendees will be required to complete the cohort reporting form to verify attendance and gain their clock hour reporting form.  This form will be shared on 11/20 via email.

Pre-set groupings & locations:


Design-Your-Own Groupings Guidelines:

Staff not attending one of the groups outlined above must organize into one of the following types of groups.  Each group should select a facilitator who will lead the group the the steps outlined below.  Each person in attendance must submit the following reporting form; upon submission of the form you will be given access to the clock hour documentation form for the day.  This submission will also serve as your attendance and record of participation in the day.

Option A:  Group includes members from different buildings, grade-spans, and content areas

Option B:  Group includes members from the same building, but different content areas (HS only)

Option C:  Group includes members from different buildings within the same grade span (Elementary only)

Option D:  Group includes members from the same building, but different grade levels (MS only)


Guidance for those that need it:
  • The primary function of time is NOT to do clerical mapping work but to use any mapping templates as tools to further their conversations
  • Teams should use the following I can progression as a guide for their work today:
    • I can articulate what the major outcomes at my grade level are for my students
    • I can articulate what major skills/knowledge students will be entering my class with
    • I can articulate what major skills/knowledge students are expected to enter the next level with
    • I can explain how the skills/knowledge gained in  my class are logical extensions of what students learned before my class as well as how they will build upon their skills and knowledge at the next level
    • I can explain how the assessments in my classroom not only tie to the expected outcomes of my own course but also build upon what was previously learned and prepare for what will come next
    • I can identify and define academic vocabulary that is crucial at my level
    • I can identify and define academic vocabulary that I can expect students to enter my class with
    • I can identify and define academic vocabulary that students will be expected to learn and use at the next level
    • I can identify and define academic vocabulary that spans all grade levels in my subject area
    • I can share how specific learning activities utilized in my classroom help students acquire the skills/knowledge they are expected to master at my level
    • I can compare and contrast how learning activities used at levels above and below mine align to instructional decisions I have made in order to create a fluid learning experience for students as they progress through grade levels
  • Team should end day with a reflection on the work completed and needs still outstanding 
    • Generate a plan for future action
    • Generate a plan and request for additional time (if needed)
    • Above steps can be completed using the google form





No comments:

Post a Comment