Monday, November 25, 2019

Learner Profile Reflections

Over the course of the past week, the Educational Service Department read over 300 learner profile reflections.  Thank you to all who sent theirs in and encouraged students to reflect.  We had over 600 submitted.  We wanted to share a few insights from our very own Kaneland students on what they know about themselves and others and how they learn best.  We have selected a few that just might bring a smile to your face:

-I learn best sitting by Alex, he is cute and when a cute boy sits by you then learning is easy.
-I learn best when dolphins are jumping outside the window.  It really makes me relax and concentrate on the teacher.
-I learn best when Mrs. P sits by me because she smells so very good.  I can think when I smell her.
-I learn best when I am not asked to do dumb work like this reflection.  (FYI this one went on for two pages, it was the longest most thorough submission we had)
-I learn best in high chairs.  I am keeping it is secret for now but when the right time comes I will jump up and announce to the world that I need a high chair to make the most of my learning.
-I learn best from Kaneland teachers.  I know all other teacher are horrible and do not care, but here they actually know you as a person and care!
-My learning is best when it is like having a baby.  You do the same breathing exercises and you can learn.  My mom taught me this and so in class I often breathe saying ee-oo-ee.  It works you need to try it.  I think learning may be even harder than having a baby!
-I learn best laying down with my teacher.  If we could snuggle that would be even better.  I think I will ask her!
-I work very quietly in math because I used to be loud and my table partners told me he needs it quiet to learn.  So I respect what he needs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment