Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Student Panel

 Thank you to the KSS Student Leadership student panel who came to share their perspectives no math proficiency with CHESS today.  Here were a few of their statements shared:

  • I can share my math proficiency through showing other students my work in the school

  • I check in with my Teacher to share proficiency

  • I am able to share my math knowledge with others to help them if they have struggles

  • I can help myself by trying different ways to solve problems

  • I often help other students that are not as proficient as I am

  • A math continuum is..

    • Different skills to learn based on my needs

    • I have been pulled into a different group based on what the Teacher sees I need

    • Different skills that you can pace around your needs

    • In 3rd grade I was able to learn at a higher difficulty level based on the continuum


  • We each have our own proficiency table that we first self assess and then we can conference with our Teacher

  • How do you know are you proficiency:

    • Through Teacher check ins and our work samples

    • I can make a poster to show how I did my work and solved my problems

    • I can do blooket and check my knowledge

    • I check my work on my own and then check in later with my peers or teachers

    • I check my grades and double check my work and try again

    • I set myself a goal for my work and then take steps towards my goal

    • I use my pre-test and retakes to check my progress and plan my next steps in work and learning

  • I rather have my Teacher assign I-ready lessons that are harder, the ones I have are too easy

  • I can advocate for my learning with my Teachers, I feel comfortable doing that

  • Some students like paper homework and not be on the computer

  • When you do the I-ready diagnostic test it gives you things it thinks you need, but sometimes you need more than that!

  • We would like more choice and options not just I-Ready for math. Based on who we are as learners we should have more choices.


No comments:

Post a Comment