Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Guest Writer- Abbie W. from HMS

 In my classroom, I want kids to know that it's perfectly fine for them to have bad days. Everyone does. I make sure my students know they can express their emotions in class and talk about them openly if they want to. I try to make sure the classroom is a welcoming place where students can be who they are without worrying about being judged. I encourage them to ask for help when they need it, and I'm honest with them that I don't have all the answers. I think it's important for them to take charge of their learning and not be afraid to advocate for themselves. Making mistakes is a normal part of learning, and I let my students know it's okay to mess up. We talk about growth mindset a lot and how to rephrase our thinking. Lastly, I teach my students that it's not a bad thing to start over and try again. My teaching philosophy centers around creating a caring and understanding learning environment that allows students to be themselves while they learn and grow.  



No comments:

Post a Comment