Monday, September 18, 2023

Guest Writer: Morgan G. from KSS

 Picture books are wonderful for many reasons! They encourage creativity, immerse students into other cultures and ways of life, are enjoyable regardless of age and so much more. Recognizing this and the emphasis of reading as the KSS SIP goal this year, the idea of our "Book Secret Supporter" was born. After gathering a list of thirty picture books with a SEL focus, I reached out to my community in search of "Secret Supporters" to purchase and gift a student from my class a picture book throughout the entire year. I was -- and still am! --- overwhelmed with our Secret Supporters' generosity as my entire class will end this year with a new picture book! INCREDIBLE!  With school underway, the other classrooms in the school were invited to our weekly Secret Supporter book read aloud and am incredibly excited to share this time with other classes and grades throughout Shields!

No comments:

Post a Comment