Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Student Voice- Parent Conferences K-5

 We had the pleasure this month to meet with students and reflect on the Parent Teacher Conference time.  Thank you to KME students for the open sharing and discussion.  The following is a summary of student reflections on the conference:

At conferences I shared my progress with my teacher and my family

My teacher often asks me how I learn best

I shared with my parents what I learned at school during conferences and the teacher shared too

We created slides to reflect on our learning along with next step goals

I reflect on what is easy and hard for me as a learner

I share with my parents from my notebook what I am learning 

My role in conferences was to reflect on my learning and show my parents what I was doing in class

I shared my student samples from my cubby with my family

I was in charge of the conference and sharing my learning in all areas and behavior 

We use a STEM profile and ELA profile based on our PBP table and both me and my teacher share where we think I am in learning

We highlight the PBP tables in different colors based on your proficiency level 

Teachers look not only at one sheet of work but everything you do within class and your engagement

I would like to do student led conferences as a 2nd grader

I would like to pick the slides for the student led conference instead of being given a template

If the teacher and I disagree on where I am in learning proficiency you can take an assessment or talk with the teacher to show what you know and change the assessment color

Not only did I share what I have learned and my goals but added comments from feedback from my teacher

I want more time to explain math pathways to my family, the time was too short and they were really interested in knowing more

 Things we want to change at our school:

We need an hour for lunch

We should have tubes in the ceiling for crawling

More recess time and options

We should have more groups for learning and going onto higher things to learn

More variety in math groups for higher level students

Less worksheets in math, more higher learning

More desk instead of tables in 5th grade rooms

Give us phones instead of chromebooks


No comments:

Post a Comment