Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Student Panel- KIPLA Student Voice Committee

 We had the pleasure at CHESS today to have another student panel.  The KIPLA Student Voice Committee joined us.

-This year has been very fun and good.  I have been able to choose in ELA and Math the difficulty level of learning rather than someone telling me just to learn the specific level.

-In the beginning of the year it was a bit rocky but it has been smooth as time went by.  I am able to take breaks and use the break bag.

-Going pretty well.  I really like making the choice of when I do the learning, I may not choose the exact learning but I can choose my time to do the learning and practice.  I get to chose seminars for what I want to learn about government and maps and geography.  I am working on building my own islands.

-We split up into different groups in a content area and then our group will meet with different teachers.  In our groups we work ith peers and teachers.  

-We also have a one on one conference with a teacher and reflect and show your work. 

-The teachers often ask us how well we have done and we go over feedback and how to fix or make the writing even better.  We also have conferences where we pick the next PBP table to focus on. 

-We have a google form to decide which seminars to select by looking at our I-Ready scores or other student work we have done.

-If you are stronger in ELA you can place that task at the end of the day and Humanities. 

-We have a certification system that allows you to have more access to the school by yourself,  If you have met expectations on the PBP behavior table you get certified in level 3 to allow you more access and privileges.  For example if you are certified you are able to have access to a phone possibly.  

-I love having my own locker and personal space

-Our teachers are great and I love having them

-I love having the choice in time of when to learn

-Our teachers really understand us and allow us to make changes

-I love the access to other rooms to work in.

-I really like the connect time in the day and we use that time for different options for us to do.  For example PE games, art or quiet rooms.

-I love having the options of grade level choice and where to learn

-I love making my own schedule

-I love having the freedom of choice

-I love the environment, we have fidgety chairs for movement 

-I enjoy having many teachers to check in with during WIN time


No comments:

Post a Comment