Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Student Panel (K-5)

 Today we had a student panel with students at KSS. The panel discussed proficiency.  The following was shared:

What ways do you show proficiency in your learning?

Practice at home and meet with your teacher

I study at home because you want to get good grades

You can sign up for conferences and and meet and talk about proficiency with her and show it on a table

We can sign up for a conference and show work and then go back and do more work and can do more questions and then 

I work with my teacher on writing and work on details


How do you use a proficiency tables in your learning process?

You can use a table to check progress 

Sometimes I go into a teacher’s room and look at the table to see if I have things right 

It can help you by reading it and see what I have wrong and then go back and check my work 

I can use it to check my work 

We can check our work with a teacher on the table and talk with a partner as well and see how our work has been with the table

Sometimes the teacher tells me I am closer to getting it than I think I am 

3 means proficient, 1- means I might not have it yet


No comments:

Post a Comment