Monday, August 19, 2019

Canvas Updates from Faye


Welcome back, Knights! I have enjoyed meeting and working with many of you over the summer and during these first few days of school. I'm looking forward to meeting even more of you over the next few weeks as I make my way into all of our Kaneland buildings. Because I will be on the move this year, the easiest way to reach me is via email: 11519@kaneland.org. Keep an eye on your building's announcements for information about when I will be visiting your school to help you with Canvas and 1:1 learning.
 
  • The August/September Canvas "I Can" statements for D302 are:
    • I can create a homepage in Canvas with designated items in it (welcome, key course information, “Who I am” = teacher message/info).
    • I can link & embed outside sources.
    • I can recognize the different components in Canvas.
    • I can recognize the various elements of the Canvas gradebook. (6-12)
  • Canvas 101 2019/2020 Reference Documents: I will be adding resources to this folder as the year progresses and we work through our “I can” statements. You are also welcome to join my Beginner Canvas Resources class in Canvas - this will give you a feel for the student side of Canvas. Don’t worry, there’s no homework and no tests. Email me to join in on the fun: 11519@kaneland.org.
  • Parent Observers in CanvasAn email went out last week explaining that parents have the ability to observe their student in any Canvas course. Students can generate an access code and share the code with a parent (teachers don’t have to add anyone or share any codes). I am attaching the instructions that parents received HERE as an FYI for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment