Wednesday, February 21, 2024

K-5 Student Panel- Reading Proficiency

 This week we had the pleasure of meeting with some KST students and hearing them reflect on reading learning and proficiency.  Here were just a few statements that they students shared:

I am able to demonstrate my proficiency by reading books at my house and understand my reading level

I talk with my Teacher about my reading levels and what I learning

I can demonstrate reading through a reflection of 1-3 (we do this in my room to know what we are still working on)

I help my mom and Dad read and by Grandpa

I show my reading proficiency by reading in front of the class and have book clubs in my class where we talk about reading to peers

I can self-edit my stories and show my reading proficiency

My mom and dad told me about a reading continuum that my Teacher sent to my parents

The reading continuum is a list of reading levels

I am working on chapter books

I am working on closed syllabus and fluency

I am working narratives and dialogue 

I am working on reader responses and I write about what I read 

I am working with a social group to review and read articles and explain different things

I am proficient at tapping and spelling my words so that helps me read

We can show proficiency by peer conference, video or build a recording and show choice for our Teacher or peer

I have feedback from my Teacher

I advocate for my learning and also read in order to create documents 

I advocate for my learning through asking others, raise my hand or set up a conference with my Teacher

I know I am proficiency when I finish a book

I love Dogman books but I have read them all!  I am sad there are no new ones

The author of Dogman has other books too to check out for kids

Even when I am proficient I keep reading!

It is good to keep reading over and over to practice our skills.  I read every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment